Global Cause Awards
Every journey begins with a single step. One act of service, one encouraging word, one gift of generosity is often all it takes to bring hope where it’s needed most. Over the last 100 years, the kindness of Lions and Leos has multiplied across borders, oceans, and continents. With over 1.4 million members, we now have an opportunity to truly change our world. That’s why we’re uniting our global service around five areas of need. These Global Causes present significant challenges to humanity, and we believe it’s our turn to meet them. – from LCIF website.
Download the following: [PDF version of this page] [Tally key]
The Global Cause Awards recognizes the clubs who demonstrate excellence in service around the five areas of need. Click any of the icons to view Lions Clubs International mission on each cause:
Diabetes: Project that serve to reduce the prevalence of diabetes and improve quality of life for those diagnosed. [Award Application Form]
Vision: Project that serve to prevent avoidable blindness and improve quality of life for people who are blind and visually impaired. [Award Application Form]
Hunger: Project that serve to ensure all community members have access to nutritious food. [Award Application Form]
Environment: Project that serve to sustainably protect and restore our environment to improve the well-being of all communities. [Award Application Form]
Childhood Cancer: Projects that support for the needs of children and families affected by childhood cancer through impactful service activities. [Award Application Form]
A club may apply for one or more of the five Global Causes by completing and submitting the applicable application. Each application will be scored separately. The club must demonstrate excellence in the following areas: Service and Marketing & Communications.
Each application can score a maximum of 45 points. For each of the Global Causes, the first 10 clubs with the highest scores will receive a patch.
• Chartered for six or more months prior to the end of the fiscal year.
• Remained in “Good Standing”, such as District dues paid and no unpaid balance with Lions International greater than $50 outstanding 90 days or more. Club not in financial suspension.
• Completed and signed the application.
• Contributed to Hawaii Lions Foundation
• Reported all projects to Lions International
• Completed 1 new Global Cause service project in one of the five areas of need: diabetes, environment, vision, childhood cancer, hunger
• Involved Leos and Lions in planning and organizing
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation while focusing on the area of need
• Achieved a positive outcome because of the project’s focus
• Described improvements and what is needed to sustain the project
• Publicized its service activities to shape positive experiences and to engage and connect to their community.
EXTRA points: presentation to an organization
Application completed and signed. Submit with the application any photos, letters and media materials related to the projects.
DEADLINE April 2, 2023
(in-hand by the due date, no exception)
SUBMIT THROUGH EITHER WAY BELOW:
• Mail to: Lion Gail Kono, Chair at 94-477 Kuahui Street, Waipahu, Hawaii 96797
• Email application with any documentations in PDF to: Lion Gail Kono, Chair at [email protected]
DONATE TO HAWAII LIONS FOUNDATION
Your charitable gift to the Hawaii Lions Foundation helps support our service programs. To mail in your tax deductible donation, simply send a check to:
HAWAII LIONS FOUNDATION
405 N. Kuakini St. #801
Honolulu, HI 96817
DISTRICT 50 HAWAII LIONS OFFICE
Phone: (808) 755-9998
Email: [email protected]
405 N. Kuakini Street #801
Honolulu, HI 96817